Surprise Matters

Hiya All,

I have to tell this story or else God might become angry with me. It was a rather funny and nice incident that occured at Easter, and just when I had given up on the individual in question.

If you live in Nigeria you already know that we had a loooooong weekend last week. I was so looking forward to it because I needed sleep like mad. So on Friday I did nothing but sleep all day. On Saturday my plan was to get my house cleaned and then sleep some more. Those plans were interrupted by a phone call from my darling Snuffy. He started by accusing me of abandoning him and not taking care of him, saying he was ill and I didn't even bother to ask him how he was feeling, blah, blah, blah. I reminded him that it was possible that I had given up on him. That launched another long monologue after which he asked what my plans were and invited me to 'come out'. At first I shrugged that statement off and continued rambling on. He said it again and caught my attention. Where do you want me to come out to I asked ? Come and meet me he said. Where I wondered. He has always told me he has no house and that the official guest house where he stays was not open to visitors and I left it at that so where was he expecting me to go to now? He said when I arrived at Ikoyi I should call him and he would come pick me up. I said I was driving, he said I would park my car somewhere. Now I was curious, slightly shocked and suspicious. I mean the notorious Snuffy was actually asking me out on a date, me,his girlfriend! I had died and gone to Limbo.

I agreed but not after telling him that I was worried about this turn of events especially because it was so weird I wasnt sure he didn't want to sacrifice me to ritualists.

So that's how I started trying to dress up. Unfortunately that day was a bad hair day (make that a bad face day) so I had to beg that we postpone it to the next. Come the next day and I got dressed, called Oga who said he hoped I looked hot which prompted another lengthy outfit changing session . Luckily I stumbled on the right outfit in less than 2 hours and I was on my way again.

To cut a long story short Snuffy drove to meet me at Kingsway road, got me a place to park my car and then took me to his residential quarters!!!! I almost died of shock-I didn't show it though. Then he got dressed and took me to lunch at a fancy restaurant, with -wait for it- his colleague and his closest friend. All this while I was wondering, what did I do right this time? After the meal he and his friend began to search for a place to watch the match (Arsenal/ Chelsea) and since its "for better or for worse" I had to hang in for the ride. They settled on Grotto after which we went window-shopping at mega plaza and then went for drinks at News Cafe. We were supposed to go clubbing later on but by then I was bushed; both out of surprise and from over-feeding. Of course we could not go to his official residence cos it turns out it was true about the 'no visitors' rule, sorta. So we stayed in a hotel. Great night.

The next morning I stumbled out of bed while he was on the phone a little grumpy and a little tired (I'm always grumpy in the mornings). And the rest as they say is history - or better still read my blog what did I do?

Chili





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

International Women's Day Reflection: Take Back Your Body ( And Mindset)

All The Times I DIed

Kids Say The Darndest Things