Hi Y'all

At the beginning of this year all I could think of was how long it would take for me to have done a year on my job (then) so that I could resign. Luckily for me the months raced on, helped along by several things I had to do then, and I made progress and eventually made my way out. To Kenya.

It just happened that another company wanted me for a job in Nairobi, so off to Kenya I went. It also turned out that the company had several issues so what would have been a working trip turned into an all-expenses paid holiday, and what would have been my next job tuned into a one-month stint. So I left for uncertainty, and chickenpox.

I've never been as grateful to have an illness as I was to have chicken pox at the time I did. I was able to look critically at my life and decide what directions I would and would not go, and the universe heard me because everything just fell into place, including another all-expenses paid trip abroad. Then I fell and dislocated my ankle, but due to the help of fantastic Nigerians and South Africans, and my employees - yes o, I had employees- I still finished off a job successfully with crutches.

I know it may not always be like this, but I also know it may. And however it is, whatever the situation, I thank God for the year that I put my best foot forward, and felt solid ground. Thank you 2008, for showing me, me.

Chili!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

International Women's Day Reflection: Take Back Your Body ( And Mindset)

All The Times I DIed

Kids Say The Darndest Things