Happy Birthday To Me


It has been a long, rugged, journey, one that I have not even been exactly proud of.

For the past week or so I was terribly angry with myself, totally unforgiving of myself, for what I would call a lapse in judgement in relation to an individual. Then last night I got news that a friend had just slumped and died- most likely of a heart attack- and that helped me put things in perspective.

I am grateful for life, for the love of my family, my daughter,  for my experiences, both good and bad, and for my dear friends. I am excited about what could be, and what I have the opportunity to achieve now that I am free. I might make mistakes and make the wrong choices but  guess what : I am human. And everyday I live, and every year I add, provides the opportunity to wipe the slate clean and start over.

So here's to me for adding one more candle to the birthday cake; may all my dreams come true and more importantly may I feel 100% worthy of them.

Happy Birthday, Chili.

PS:

Someone just sent a bbm that he's treating me to a day at the spa. On my own, all paid for! Yippeeeee!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

International Women's Day Reflection: Take Back Your Body ( And Mindset)

All The Times I DIed

Kids Say The Darndest Things