HASHTAG: IAMWORTHY

I just read something on twitter that dropped a nickel- maybe a dime-in my soul. It might not resonate with men but I am certain a few women will feel the weight of this question, which is why I shall just do a short post here and run over to my feminist blog to do it justice.

The question came from the twitter feed of Oprah's Soul Sunday; and it was : what would you do if you felt 100% worthy?

I cannot begin to explain how I feel about this question but I can express it the way Alice Walker's character, Celie, in the Colour Purple used to express profundity : Oh Earth,  Oh Sky,  Oh Trees, everything!

If I felt 100% worthy I would:
1. stop being grateful for the attention of people who were not(worthy of me); male and female, but mostly male
2. demand more from life, from earth, from my health, from my body
3. forgive myself more easily
4. cry less

Gosh! I feel a post coming on! I am soooo inspired.


Gotta go.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

International Women's Day Reflection: Take Back Your Body ( And Mindset)

All The Times I DIed

Kids Say The Darndest Things