Client Matters

Hey, What's Up,


I was going to speak about tagging on blogspots today. You know the recent practice where Bloggers write five things about themselves that people dont know. Or if that didn't seem too inviting, I was going to give a lecture titled 'Tecchie 101', just to bridge the gap between my readers and those who ask, 'what is a blog?', and all other gadget/technology-induced questions. Or at the worst I was going to elaborate on the 'other woman' issue I spoke of and tell you of a series of encounters with hard drugs. (Not mine.)

But now Chili is mad. MAD! I mean what is wrong with Nigerians? Have you noticed how we disregard our customers and clients? How rude receptionists and front desk people are? How easy it is for organizations to take your money but so difficult for them to give any back to you, giving rise to such situations as ' I don't have change', or 'sorry, my Madam has to come back before I can know if we will refund your money'. And unfortunately, you can complain on air but you can't name the company. But here I can. Let me cut to the chase.

Reality Scenario 1: I give my clothes to a drycleaning outfit, they return the clothes with one of them stained. Initially it was white with black flowers, it becomes cream and brown- in patches. I complain, they apologise, then they ask me to leave it so they can rewash it. And they do. This time it comes up worse than before. I have to drop it again, along with other outfits. This goes on for six weeks. During this time, a topshot in the company calls me and apologises, claiming they have sent the outfit to be washed, for what should be the last time, and that they would bring it to my office,and that if I am not satisfied they will pay for it. I agree. I do not hear from him anymore. Instead, what happens is that someone calls me to list the details of the stains on the other clothes I have sent,'just to be on the safe side', as though the other ruined outfit was in my imagination. Anyway, I have to go and pick up the outfit fom the outlet myself, along with other outfits I had dropped. Of course the disputed one was ruined. And when I asked what was to be done to it, the girl in attendance said her boss asked her to apologise and tell me he would call me. Well, i deduct the price of the outfit from the drycleaning bill. Unknown to me, another shocker awaits me: my denim skirt is missing, and they switch my trouser with someone else's. And the best they could say is they would look for it!!!!
Please, if you live in Lagos, avoid Urban and Trendy Drycleaners, abeg.

Reality Scenario 2: We intend to have a musical at the end of the year ( we meaning my company) and I am in charge of that project, so we hired a scriptwriter to script the play. The guy sends a first draft. We are dissatisfied with it and I send him an email detailling what we do not like and what we expect. The guy replies in anger at being critcized, saying amongst other things,'... I am no small fry, I do know what I am talking about... I will not be waltzing into the office tomorrow..., I suggest that someone versed in the artistic interpretation of stage scripts... look[s] at the script..., etc. And I am paying this ass-wipe! I won't mention his name because that will be making him famous for doing a crappy job.

Scenario 3: You go to a fast-food joint to buy food. The service girls- usually girls- look at you and say, "yes?". You ignore that and make your order. They take forever to attend to you, dilly-dallying between talking among themselves,and arranging stuff. Then they give you your food. You pay ,they search, hand you some money, less 10/20/50 naira and say, we dont have change. As though they work for your money for you. If you wait for your change you are stingy/ Ijebu. Will they accept the same amount from you, less that 10/20/50 naira, if you were making a purchase?

Scenario 4 : You go to a shop to buy something. You ask, do you have ... , they reply '500 naira'. Is that a yes,or a no? Are you trying to say I cannot afford it? What does that mean?

Reality Scenario 5: The day before the nationwide labour strike. I call my bank ,GTB, to make enquiries. Then I ask if they will be open the next day. The lady replies, "And why should we not be open?". Of course, that is from customer service.

So that's the Nigeria we see o. Your money is not good enough to get you respect. Even when you are purchasing something.


Stupid people.

Chili

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

International Women's Day Reflection: Take Back Your Body ( And Mindset)

All The Times I DIed

Kids Say The Darndest Things